General liability insurance
General liability insurance protects you from lawsuits and can limit your financial exposure. General liability will cover:
• Injury to your customers on your premises
• Bodily injury
• Medical payments
• Property damage
• Libel, slander and defamation
• Advertising harm
• Court & legal fees
It is important to review the limits of coverage, exclusions and any optional endorsements that may be available.
Example of General Liability Coverage
If a customer injures himself by tripping over an extension cord on the floor. Your general liability coverage will pay for your customer’s medical bills, as well as any lawsuits they may bring against you. The policy will pay up to the limits of the policy. All claims are subject to the details surrounding the injury.
General liability does not cover employee injuries and illnesses. That would be a separate policy called worker’s compensation.
General liability does not cover commercial vehicle accidents. That would be commercial auto insurance.
General liability does not cover punitive damages or intentional damage.
General liability does not cover professional mistakes. That is covered under a professional liability and/or E&O policy.
When you bid on a project or you are providing an estimate, showing your potential customer that you are insured lets them know you take them and their project seriously. If you don’t have general liability coverage your potential customer may choose a different bid because your competition evidenced general liability coverage with a certificate of insurance.
We help you handle the risk so you can focus on the business of business.
Arena Insurance Brokers are business insurance specialists.
The types of coverage we can provide:
- General liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage caused by your company, by both people and products.
- Workers’ compensation insurance covers injuries to your employees while on the job.
- Disability insurance provides income to your employees if they are unable to work.
- Errors and omissions protects against claims for problems with your product or service that result in a financial loss.
- Business owner’s policy (BOP) combines protection for all major property and liability risks in one package. This type of policy assembles the basic coverage’s required by a business owner in one bundle.
- Cyber liability covers loss or theft of data.
For a customized, no-obligation quote, contact your Arena Agent
Arena gets it done!